Back to the Homeland!

Well, like always, a lot has changed. I guess that's what happens when you only write like once every 6 weeks... 

So I'm already outta my new area. I kinda saw it coming, but it's still a bummer to say goodbye to all the members and the people you're teaching after only 6 weeks. I've learned a lot here in Humble! BUT, I'm super pumped because I get to go back to Lake Charles!!!!! I spent the first 3 transfers of my mission here, and now I get to spend my last 2. It's been so cool to come back after over a year and say hello to everyone. I'm surprised people actually remember me here haha. I guess that's what happens when you have a total of 5 member families. 

When I first came to Lake Charles they didn't even have a Spanish group, and now we meet every week in the chapel and about 25-45 people come every week! It's so cool to be able to watch the growth that's happened in this group over the course of my mission. It's been a nostalgic week as I've reflected on how I started my mission and where I'm at now. 

I got welcomed to the ward on Sunday by the group leader saying "well, the Sunday school teacher locked herself out of her car and will be here late. Elder Jones, you ready to teach Sunday school?" Hahahaha. Unfortunately, I don't study Come Follow Me, or I might've been better prepared. Also, I'd never taught Sunday school let alone in Spanish... I stumbled a lot but the spirit was felt... I hope hahahaha. 

That's the quick little update on me! It's crazy to think this is my last area. I've reflected a lot on the letter that is sent to all missionaries as they are told where they're assigned to serve. The last line before it says where you'll be going for the next 18-24 months is "as you serve God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, you will be led to those prepared to receive this message." I've come to know throughout my mission 2 things. 1. Our efforts alone will never produce the results we ultimately desire 2. Our efforts mean everything to the Lord, and He will reward us for our righteous efforts. There's a key difference between working hard and serving a mission, working hard focuses on all our own efforts, serving a mission is focused on our efforts meaning we are giving the Lord our heart might mind and strength, and expecting miracles as we give Him our heartfelt all. I promise that as we seek to give our heartfelt all in whatever capacity we have been called to serve by the Lord, we will see miracles. 

I love you all, and pray for your well being! 
Elder Jones 

Elder Stohl from North Salt Lake, Utah




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome home Elder Jones

Baptism Date!

Houston Temple