Facebook Post

"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good" wrote the psalmist. Through recent experiences, I have come to reflect on the power that comes from gratitude in the midst of turmoil. I myself, have come to declare that the Lord is good, and have reached a better understanding, through my Savior, that just because there will always be opposition doesn't mean there will always be discouragement.
Since the beginning of time, the world has been plagued with sorrow, death, grief, and pain. These are all daunting and debilitating emotions that, when focused on, leave us feeling hurt, helpless, and ultimately hopeless.
I imagine Christ felt many of these incarcerating emotions on the night of the Passover. He knew, that, in only a couple of moments, He would be sorrowful, left in solitude, and ultimately slain. With this knowledge, He turned to His apostles, and extended them a promise. He remarked, "And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you." Moments before His eminent martyrdom, Jesus implores His most beloved friends to have hope, for soon death shall have no victory over the world.
These past couple of weeks, I've encountered moments where I've felt disappointment, self-doubt, and overwhelmed, as many do. However, I have become eternally grateful as I have found reason to rejoice through the joyous cry, "He is risen!" To be grateful forces us to reflect upon how the Lord has blessed us, and will ultimately direct us to see how good the Lord has been to us all throughout our lives.
As we choose to see the blessings the Lord has given us over the adversity we now face, our view on the world is changed from tragic to terrific, from defeating to depth-providing, from purposeless to purposeful.
I testify that the Lord doeth nothing "save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world". There is no adversity we now face that cannot be overcome through the merits of He Who is Mighty to Save. What great reason have we to rejoice! And what more reason have we to give humble gratitude to our Father in Heaven.
I invite you all to say a prayer and talk to the Lord about the blessings you recognize. Ask Him to help you see more blessings He has given to you. I promise you will gain eyes to see and ears to hear the tendermercies the Lord showers upon us. You will be raised by the healing wings of the atonement of Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome home Elder Jones

Baptism Date!

Houston Temple