Facebook Post

"Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save."
Something I've seen recently is the importance of prayer. The other day, my companion and I were talking to a man and his daughter. He expressed that he likes to pray because he wants to help his family come closer to God through his example. Something he said resonated with me. He made the comment that nothing brings him greater joy than when he sees his daughter pray to God on her own, without him telling her to.
I believe God feels the same way with us. Nothing brings Him greater joy than when we humbly come to Him, in grateful prayer. Many times, I've found that when I am in a tough situation, I can turn to prayer to find peace. However, when I turn to my Heavenly Father when everything is going well, I feel my relationship with Him grow more than at any other time. Nothing has brought me greater joy than to have a relationship with my Father in Heaven, and I believe that nothing brings Him greater joy than to see us come unto Him without being compelled.
I invite you all tonight to set a timer for 10 minutes. Then, get on your knees, and give God thanks for your blessings! You'll feel Him smile upon you, and you will know that He always sprinkles tender mercies upon us!May be art of 1 person

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome home Elder Jones

Baptism Date!

Houston Temple