Happy Christmas!
Hey guys! I just thought I'd hop on really fast and wish you all a happy Christmas!
Sadly, Elder Dyer got transferred, but now I have Elder Clausen as a comp and he's sick. He's from oceanside, so we know a lot of the same places and it's fun to talk to him about those.
Our area is still not the busiest, we are teaching like 5 people. However, all those 5 people have been straight handed to us by God and all have super strong testimonies of the Book of Mormon!!! It's really the most important thing to teach from that true book! We've been seeing so many miracles, let me tell ya, this is God's work!
I would just like to bear my testimony real fast, before I sign off, and tell you all the thing I've been reminded of most on my mission. God has an incomprehensibly perfect plan for each of us, because he knows us perfectly. He knows our weaknesses, dislikes, and challenges. Every trial we face is a reason to rejoice, for God will not do anything, save it be for the good of mankind. That means that with every trial that we face, the net good will always be greater than the net bad. I would invite you all to reflect of the birth of the Savior, and the hope that comes from that! I know Jesus Christ feels our pains, and that he knows our afflictions. Surely, the Savior of the World weeps with us in our dark hours, but because of Him everything bad is temporary. Just as there would be no salvation without the atonement, there would be no lasting joy without His great and last sacrifice. What great reason have we to rejoice this season, and every season. How blessed we are to live on the Earth at this time, with the restored gospel of Jesus Christ sounding in almost every country. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of them that bring good tidings and publish peace. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He surely is mighty to save. As Christmas gets closer, I would invite you all to listen to the songs that reflect on the joyous night of Christ's birth. Such joy was in heaven that angels split the veil to announce their Savior's birth, I promise as you focus on the true creator of joy this Christmas, angels will indeed announce these good tidings of great joy to you.
I love you all! God bless you, my friends.
Elder Jones
Mom note: Trevor really enjoyed his time serving with Elder Dyer and was really bummed out when he got transferred.
| A member in a ward that Trevor is not serving in gets the missionaries serving in his ward a basketball jersey of choice. He liked Elder Dyer and Elder Jones so he got them a jersey. |
Comments
Post a Comment