Original Poem by Trevor
I wrote this poem the other day, I decided to call it "My Great Sacrifice". Sometimes, the Lord asks us to give up good things to Him, so that we can be made better. It is such a hard trial, but I believe that He has the power to turn any sacrifice into a blessing. I hope you all feel the power of Jesus Christ, and His great sacrifice for us as you read it!
MY GREAT SACRIFICE
In desperation I plea, "to my dear Heavenly Father,
I come to thee at this moment, though I'm not sure why I bother.
The matter at hand is of eternal significance,
The path that I have started covers quite the distance.
The covenants I made, I'm not sure what I was thinking,
I relate to Peter, Father, I'm sinking.
The sacrifice you ask, it simply is too hard.
You know this life has already left me bruised, battered, and scared.
Father, this is it, I've simply sunk too low,
You ask of me the thing, I just cannot let go.
You know how much I love it, it brings me so much light.
I do not understand why it is so hard to hold the rod tight.
Father, let this cup pass, it is more than I can bear.
In the name of Jesus I end, I really hope you care."
"My son, it's good to hear from you, I see you are hopeless,
But please, look at your attitude, it's making you a mess.
Look at all you have, all the blessings from my hand,
Surely you must not build your foundation on this sand.
I gave, to you, the scriptures, you'll learn throughout your life,
That there were many people who knew me and knew much strife.
Take, for one example, the early pioneers,
Who left all of their homes to wet dusty roads with tears.
To list a second thing, I gave you loving people,
For one, your caring family, they should be your steeple.
Son, what I ask is hard, you quite literally are spent,
I simply need to see if you will keep your covenant.
Giving up is tough, I did that with my only Begotten,
The worst part was, by Earth, His divinity was forgotten.
Give it some time, have patience, you will see,
I do this not to hurt you, but to make you more like me.
Although, at times, the path really is so dark
Know, my son, you must always press foward to the mark.
I gave, for YOU, my Son. A Sinless Sacrifice,
Above him, on the cross, "King of the Jews" was written thrice.
And He, for you, bled 1,000 drops or more.
Yea, and at his death, his heart quite literally tore.
So, for words of comfort, this is what I have to give,
Heed them and you will see, what it really means to live:
He knows the path is long,
He walked it with His cross.
He, like Peter, knows how it feels to be tempest-tossed.
He knows, alone, this task is too great to bear.
That is why He is next to you, He really is there.
What I ask is hard, but take it in your stride.
I need you to know in Him you can confide.
Though you feel your prayers dont even make it to the ceiling,
Your Savior, Jesus Christ, knows exactly what you're feeling.
Christ's arms, to you, unfolded are so extremely directive.
I know the cup is bitter, do not lose your eternal perspective.
My son, I am so proud of what you've done for me.
I will not leave you, comfortless, I will come to thee."
I once again reiterate, Christ was the Sacrifice,
For me, and you, and all the world, He truly paid the price.



Comments
Post a Comment