First Week with Two Kids
How's it going? Pretty crazy, 2 emails in a row from Elder Jones... I guess I have too much free time or something...
Training on a mission is not anything like having kids in real life, that being said, the second trainee is definitely opening my eyes to the advantage of training. Everytime we have a member lesson I basically tell them I'm there to make sure they make sense and don't accidentally say anything vulgar, and then they teach the lesson. It's pretty great, kinda like when my dad would get me to clean the whole house as he "rested his eyes". Hahahaha
This week was pretty decent. Francisco is progressing well and is on track to get baptized this week. It's so sweet to see people's hearts and minds be lifted by the gospel. One thing funny about this whole thing is that neither of my 2 new companions nor I have any clue how to plan a baptism, so it's been pretty hectic calling different missionaries to figure out what exactly we have to do to prepare everything hahahah.
We've been able to get a lot of lessons from just stopping by people randomly this week which is always awesome! The spirit has been super strong in a lot of them too which is way sweet!
If I'm being honest, this week has been kind of a grind. Sometimes you're super motivated to do the work, and sometimes you have to fight the natural man to do the work. This week was definitely the latter. That being said, the promise of the Lord is extended to all of those who earnestly seek to do the Lords will. He will send Angel's round about us to lift us up. D&C 122 has been very profound to me this week. Its 9 verses. I would encourage you all to read it. Here's the link to access it.
Doctrine and Covenants 122
This sacred revelation was revealed to Joseph Smith as he was imprisoned because he followed the Lord's will. Though life doesn't go perfectly when we follow what the Lord asks of us, I'd rather have the hardest life while standing next to my Savior, then the easiest one standing without him.
Love y'all
Elder Jones






Comments
Post a Comment