One week down as a trainer
Trevor survived his first week training! This past week has made him ponder on how things that are so routine for him are so new to missionaries as they are starting out (like praying before leaving the house or companionship study). His companion is Elder Sepos from Wyoming. He is 20 years old and took no Spanish in high school. He did prank him the first Saturday night and told him they had to sleep in his pros because the next day was Sunday. As of today his companion has not caught onto it being a prank haha! He thinks it is a mission rule. It was a good week with two new families they are teaching and lots of rain storms. He doesn't mind the rain because it helps disguise the sweat! Here are some texts I received from him:
We found a lot of people to teach last transfer and they are all being dropped now so we are back to the drawing board. But we found two new ones this week that are super solid! Elder Sepos has a girlfriend back home and talks about her all the time. It's a weird adjustment having to try to learn not to think about them so I understand. It was just funny because I hadn't realized how I've learned how to not thing/talk about "her" at times when I should be focusing on the work. It's kinda cool actually because its definitely not anything I did on my part, the Lord just helped me because I was willing to want to focus on the work more. Missions are sweet! They are definitely an important step before building your family or starting your life as an adult. It just makes you really understand how important it is to raise a family in the gospel and to learn as much as you can abut the church.
![]() |
| Elder Jones and Elder Sepos |









Comments
Post a Comment