Growth
I LOVE these two pictures. To me, they show the same thing. Growth.
Jesus is commonly referred to as the Great High Priest. I truly love this name of Christ, as it speaks directly to my Soul. In Hebrews 4:14-16 states:
"14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"
Jesus is the Great High Priest for He had the greatest responsibility of all, yet he executed what he needed to do perfectly.
In my life, I have felt the immense weight of responsibility as I have chosen to serve a mission. As a missionary, with the opportunity to quite literally bear the name of Jesus Christ, I have seen how much I lack in fulfilling this great responsibility. I constantly look to the example of my Savior, the Great High Priest, for how I can improve and be better.
At the end of the day, I know I will never be able to fully fulfill my responsibilities, but I can testify of the importance of growth. There is no better way to grow than through looking to the Savior to learn how to improve.
Even with all the effort I put in my life to grow as a person, as amissionary, as a son, and as a brother, I still fail to learn. However, despite all the many times I fail and do things I wish I hadn't done, the love of Him who is mighty to save will always be there.
I am continually thankful for Christ's example in my life, and the attributes he has displayed to all of the world, in every dispensation of time!
What can you learn from the Great High Priest?


Comments
Post a Comment