Transferred to Spring, Texas
What's up everyone? How you all had a great week and enjoyed celebrating the miraculous resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Welp, I'm getting transferred I guess I could only stay in Lake Charles for so long. I'm sad to say goodbye to all the people we've met, but I'm confident that they will keep progressing and that it's all part of Gods plan.
I'm on my way to Spring Texas. I dont know much about the area, and I'm hopeful, but what I've heard is that it is very wealthy and very small. It shouldn't be a big change from my home ward in California hahaa, itll just be in Spanish. I'm actually very excited to have an actual ward, though! I'm optimistic and pumped to be with my comp. I dont know much about elder Muhlestein, but from the 1 or 2 conversations I've had with him he seems like one of the nicest dudes! Itll be awesome to learn loads from him.
We were able to stop by everyone we were teaching before we left which is awesomw! We even got mojarra from one of the people we taught! Two of the people we are teaching watched all 2 hours of a conference session too which is awesome! This area has a long way to go, but it's starting to speed up a lot now. It makes me sad to have to leave now, but it's good to know I had at least a little but of a positive impact on the area.
For my spiritual note this week, il ljust leave you all with the testimony that I know Christ has overcome the world. More important that Christmas, is this easter season. The resurrection of Christ truly brought an end to suffering. Though we may be swallowed up in the depths of despair, though we may be tempest tossed and to the point of exhaustion, hope can not be defeated. Because of Christ, there is a ray of hope in even the darkest settings. My love for Christ grows to an innumerable setting as I ponder the words of this amazing sacrament hymn:
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet
I leave my solemn testimony that as we continually reach out to Christ, he will continually be there to succor us in our afflictions. Christ loves each of us individually and indescribably, I know that. I hope you all know that too, and if ou do not, I would challenge you to do the things necessary to know that. It starts with prayer.
Love you all,
Elder Jones
Comments
Post a Comment