Facebook Post
"Suffice it to say, I can live with some human imperfections, even among prophets of God—that is to be expected in mortal beings. I can live with some alleged scientific findings contrary to the Book of Mormon; time will correct those. And I can live with some seeming historical anomalies; they are minor in the total landscape of truth. But I cannot live without the doctrinal truths and ordinances restored by Joseph Smith, I cannot live without the priesthood of God to bless my family, and I cannot live without knowing my wife and children are sealed to me for eternity. That is the choice we face—a few unanswered questions on one hand versus a host of doctrinal certainties and the power of God on the other. And for me, and I hope for you, the choice is an easy one and a rational one."
-Tad R. Callister
I would like to add my testimony to that of this quote. I've had moments where I've struggled to have faith. However, because of those moments of questions and doubts, I have come to the knowledge that the power of gratitude is above the power of uncertainty. When we give thanks for what we have, it forces us to shift our attention. While in high school, I had many questions about the Book of Mormon. I wondered whether it could really be a true book written by ancient prophets called of God. As I focused on all these questions, my faith only seemed to grow dimmer and dimmer. One day, however, the spirit manifested itself to me in a feeling. This feeling wasn't a confirmation of the Book of Mormon, but a prompting to give thanks. I felt the need to go to my Father in earnest prayer, and thank him for the blessings the Book of Mormon had brought me. As I acted on this prompting, my focus shifted. Instead of focusing on the few questions I had, I looked at the whole picture. All the sudden, I no longer seemed to care about the small little bit I didnt know, because my eyes were opened to all the knowledge the Book of Mormon gave me. I almost laughed at my childish attitude, as I realized I was giving up so much wisdom that I had gained, simply because the little piece I didn't understand.
I know that as we give thanks to the Lord, our doubts will not consume our minds. As we give thanks, we will be filled with the knowledge to answer our questions. I promise that the questions you think need to be so urgently answered won't seem as important because you will receive it when the Lord knows you need it. As we learn to better give gratitude, we will be able to accept the Lord's will easier, and it will bless us more than words can say. I know this to be true, and I hope you all will do the things to know it is true with me.

Comments
Post a Comment