Moving to Lake Charles...finally!
What's up peeps, it's been awhile.
I made it through my first transfer! We're teaching 2 people, Mario and Javi. Javi's pretty cool. He had some pretty crappy missionaries 5 years ago or something. He thinks all were trying to do is share the Book of Mormon scriptures. One thing that's cool is that me and Rivera both think that missionaries dont know the bible enough so we've been studying the bible, and so its helpful as we talk to him. He is also really sus were stalking his file so that's awkward sometimes. We dont know where his records were... and we also dont know if he deleted them or not. We don't wanna ask bc he'd flip. Both awesome. Were moving from Orange into Lake Charles finally! Now we won't have to drive an hour to get to our area so that will be very nice. Also we will be with Ludtke and Rodriguez, who are both Spanish elders, so well get to practice a bit, hopefully.
Not much has been happening these past couple weeks. We've done some demolition service which was really fun. It's a fun service project, but it's also very bittersweet since you're just mucking someones house because it's all been flooded and moldy from hurricanes. Also, I had my first satsuma. For those who dont know what it is, it's like a really sweet cutie with a really soft peel. Supposedly they're only grown in like southeast Texas and Louisiana, it was pretty good!
We haven't been bashed yet, which is pretty sweet, I've made it further than most poeple in the mission haha. My mom said she wanted more details in the email, so I'll tell you all about my first run in with a gun here in Texas....
Just kidding hahaah I don't think she wants those details... yet.
I just wanna share one spiritual thought this week... who knows when I'll be back next. The second verse to the common hymn "I believe in Christ". Enjoy!
I believe in Christ; oh blessed name! As Mary’s Son he came to reign. ’Mid mortal men, his earthly kin, To save them from the woes of sin. I believe in Christ, who marked the path, Who did gain all his Father hath, Who said to men: “Come, follow me, That ye, my friends, with God may be.”
Hope y'all're doing fantastic
Elder Jones
Mom note...Elder Rivera sprained his ankle so they have had to spend a lot of time in the apartment which is hard!
Note from his letter to his Dad:.....Also .. we got the news we were moving right after I cleaned the whole house. I was actually really mad tbh. Hartshorn just got transferred and he was pretty messy in the kitchen, so I took the liberty to deep clean that shiz and I vacuum and mopped the whole floor, and rearranged the cabinets. The whole 9 yards... like you woulda had a heart attack. Not even 10 minutes after I finish cleaning up, we get the call. "Hey, we got an apt for you and the other Spanish companionship to live in. It's in lake charles" I was hyped but pissed that I just wasted my pday cleaning for no reason. Adulting sucks







Comments
Post a Comment