Lake Charles Church Building Opens!
What's up, we still out here in Louisiana. We've had some really good news recently so that's pretty hype. I dont think I've written an email since transfers, so I'll talk about those first.
So, I didn't get transferred, which was kind of expected. But, Rivera and I were really excited to find out we'd be moving to our actual area. So now, instead of living in Orange (which is like a 45 minute drive outside our area) we live right in the center of it. This is a bummer because the 1 person we were teaching actually lives Orange... so we kinda had to drop him which sucks. However, this helps a lot because now we can go to service projects in the area a lot easier and we can just go to a park and wait for people to come up to us since we're not allowed to street contact. The only problem is Elder Rivera got an avulsive fracture on his ankle, so he has to keep his ankle elevated for the next 2 weeks, meaning we can't really go out and about unless we have an appointment so he can keep his foot elevated.
Now it's time for the good news. The Lake Charles building miraculously opened. 2 weeks ago, right after we moved in, we got a call from the bishop that said the building had been inspected and that there wasn't actually mold in it, just water damage. So the workers would come work on the building everyday besides sundays, and then we would be able to hold services in the Lake Charles building. Also, the stake president then called and said he would approve a Spanish group having a Spanish sacrament meeting! So now well meet in the relief society room, and hold a Spanish group sacrament meeting while the English is going in the chapel. That's really clutch bc I was really not down to translate ahha. But, I may still have to eventually so I still have to practice.
That's about all I have to say, as we've been in a half quarantine since the ZL's dropped us off a package, and they tested positive for covid this week. So we're just playing it safe.
Hope you all have a great week.
Elder Jones
On a side note...Elder Rivera's dad was hospitalized and put on a venilator with COVID last week. The doctors said it did not look good and that he needed prayers. The elders (and family) fasted for him. Here was Trevor's report:
The morning after we started our fast Rivera got a call that said his dad was in a full turn around from how he was. They said right before district council that if he didn't start doing better in the next couple of days they were gonna plug him in. So Rivera was a little worried all of district council and that day. But, the next day his mom called and said that they're thinking he's going home on Tuesfay now bc he went from getting 90L of oxygen to 3L overnight. The doctor said it was the fastest turnaround he's ever seen from having pneumonia from the coronavirus. So he's going way good now, he'll need like an oxygen tank for a couple months, but other than that he's expected to make a full recovery. But it's crazy bc it went from him passing out to when we went to get up from bed and getting rushed to the hospital bc he stopped breathing, to recovering enough to be awake and call people and just get a small amount of oxygen. Then he collapsed and was getting all his oxygen from the machine, to now being almost totally on his own. Such a miracle. It was really cool to give Rivera a blessing of comfort for it, bc I felt more impressed to talk about how his diligent service would bless him with peace. Blessings are so freaking dope I love giving them they're amazing.
Comments
Post a Comment