Orange to Orange
Welp guys, I made it to the state I wanted to be in. Louisiana. I know neither the english, or the spanish here, so the gift of tongues is really manifesting itself. I don't have a lot of time, and I've already written what has happened this week plenty a time, so this will be short. My comp is named elder Rivera. Elder Rivera is really cool, and Puerto Rican. His spanish is really hard to understand, but his english is really good luckily. We're opening an area, meaning they're starting a new area where no spanish missionaries have been before. We have few contacts, nearly no members, and were trying to start a branch. If you guys have prayers to spare, I need it. We got 2 meals this week, tamales and arroz con carne gisada. The tamales were flipping hot but good, they were made by hispanos. the carne gisada was super good, it was made by a family from the Dominican republic. We serve in lake charles, but it got destroyed from 2 big hurricanes, so we live in orange Texas rn. The elders we stay with are also fun. Overall, missionary work is slower than i expected, but you get out what you put in. I'm just excited to be out here serving those who are willing to let us help.
Peace y'all.




Comments
Post a Comment