One Month Through

Well, only two weeks left in the MTC! I'm pumped to be leaving soon to be honest. Sitting in my room all day is not the most exciting thing to be doing for 4 weeks...


I wish there were new things to report, but things just aren't that new. I did get to leave the house for a while last P-day to go to downtown disney with my family. That's about all I got for this week. Spanish is coming along decently, and I finally got my flight plans today so that's really sweet!

I know this email was short, but I'll leave it with a quick spiritual message on agency, or the ability to choose. The cool thing about having the ability to choose, is it reinforces the importance of trying our hardest to keep the commandments. If commandments didn't exist, agency wouldn't matter. Commandments set up the bounds of living righteously, or unrighteously. Because of this contrast we are able to choose, whether to follow the word of God and live righteously, or to transgress those laws and live unrighteously. Without commandments, agency would be like having a car, but no place to drive it. You still have a car, but there's no point to having it. Commandments seem restricting sometimes, however, these seeming restrictions to our actions are a short-sided way to look at it. Because of these "restrictions", our actions have purpose and intention! How beautiful it is to have the choice, for without choice there can be no test. 

Stay safe, have a great week y'all
Elder Jones

Mom note: For Trevor's recent PDay's he has played basketball with the elders and some of Meredith's friends, had dinner and walked around Downtown Disney and saw the World's biggest Christmas tree at the San Clemente outlets. He and Meredith have also done a couple of Costco runs for me on Day which always looks a little funny...Elder and single girl haha!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome home Elder Jones

Baptism Date!

Houston Temple