Cliffhanger
What's up guys?
Sorry to leave you all on the cliffhanger about my teachers who only speak spanish last week, I'm sure you're all dying to know. Our morning teacher knows really broken english so class is... interesting, but not impossible to understand for the people in my district. Our afternoon teacher for the first week knew less English than we knew Spanish though, so we had to get a new teacher. The one that had to leave was super dope. I'm kinda bummed because she was way cool, but the new one is definitely easier to pay attention to.
I can't tell if time is slow or fast yet. The week seemed to speed by, but when I think about it day-to-day it's been a lot longer. Also, spanish is like an every other day thing apparently, so some days I'm doing really well in our simulated lessons. Unfortunately, on the other days, I'm asking people their conversion stories seconds after they say they grew up in the church... not my finest hour.
I don't hate online MTC, I mean, I get to take naps more frequently than I would if I was in Mexico, AND I get to be the walking technology plague around my house. Meredith has pretty much learned to watch netflix in her room, because she knows that if she tries watching it downstairs she has a 50-50 shot of me getting hungry and her having to turn it off. Anyways, nothing that exciting has been happening around here, just a slow and steady progress.
For halloween our whole district got on a zoom call and the sisters told everyone to bring costumes... no one did really. But the sister trio dressed up as me, Elder Ludtke, and Elder Trane. It was actually pretty funny they even got similar backgrounds.
I know many people on this list aren't members of the church, so I was just going to always share a scripture from the Old or New Testament, but this scripture has really spoken to me recently. I would encourage you all to read and ponder what it says.
"And [Jesus] said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?"
2 Nephi 31:10
Faith is a word of action. When we have faith in something, we desire to include it into our lives and follow whoever/whatever we have faith in. To have faith in Jesus Christ is to straightway leave your nets. To strive our hardest to follow the example of Jesus Christ. I would encourage you all to ponder on what is stopping you from following your faith. Have a great week!
Peace,
Elder Jones


Comments
Post a Comment