To Accelerate or Not
My schedule is pretty consistent, which is nice, but the MTC runs on mexico time, meaning I'm two hours behind the schedule. I wake up at 5:30 for a 5:55-6:55 comp study (both my comps are from Idaho so I really draw the short end of the stick). Morning class is from 7-9:30(ish) and afternoon class is from 3:30-6:15 with an hour workshop in the space in between the two.
My district is pretty cool, there are 10 of us in total, and I'm one of 3 people outside of Utah or Idaho. Neither of our teachers speak very good english (one doesn't speak any at all, but I'll get to that), so it makes for some fun classes. I was offered to be moved up to a 4 week MTC period instead of a 6 week on the second day or something, but the catch was they would have to move my 2 comps up with me. When I told them they said they would "think about it", but their tone wasn't too convincing.
I left my door open one night this week and I woke up to it smelling like smoke because of the fires, and it was also super cold. I kinda forgot how wimpy I am to cold, so when I brought it up to my district I was a little embarrassed when one of the sisters responded to me saying "it's 20 degrees in Utah" lol rip, it was like 64 here.
This week has been cool to practice spanish and stuff! I actually love not having my phone or the ability to watch shows or anything. It makes reading scriptures one of the most interesting parts of my day! Granted, the alternative is sitting in silence. haha but seriously, it's been nice to be able to read all over the place, especially while studying the Book of Mormon in spanish.
I don't want to make my emails super long so I'll just conclude with a scripture in Leviticus 26:3-4&11-12:
"3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; 4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. 11 And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. 12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people."
Hope you all have a great week!
Elder Jones
Mom note: Week one has been great watching Trevor be so excited about his companions and district. His MTC Companions are Elder Train and Elder Draper. He has a big chunk of time in the middle of the day of free time so he has been practicing piano (self taught). This week he has been playing "Joseph Smith's First Vision". Scooter came in clutch with having Amazon deliver a snack box just for him! It is so nice that the Shipp's are trying to make his at home experience like the "real MTC"! On Sunday we were able to watch new video's about Christ's life called "The Chosen".
Comments
Post a Comment